Our Selling Process
The Introductory Meeting
- We meet with you to learn more about you and your home. We then discuss timing, market trends and pricing, and we will offer advice on how to prepare to sell your home.
- When we discuss your needs/timeline, we can also discuss if you need to purchase a home as well. Should you sell your home first? Do you need a referral for an out of town agent? We help you come up with a plan that you are comfortable with and that works best for you.
The Listing Process
- When a real estate company is representing a seller client, it must do what is best for the seller of a property. A written contract, called a listing agreement, establishes seller agency, allowing us to sell your home.
- Once we review all documents (including the listing agreement), solidify the list date and list price, we install a Royal LePage for sale sign on your lawn to announce the sale of your home.
- We also install a lock box in a visible and convenient location so that showings can occur.
- We will set up an appointment with our in-house staging consultant, Anne. She will contact you to set up an appointment to come visit your home and will offer her guidance and advice on how to best prepare your home for photography and of course, the real estate market.
- We will coordinate a date/time with you and our professional photographer/videographer so that we can display high-resolution images and video online and on any print marketing materials.
- Your home is then listed on the Multiple Listing Service (MLS), our website and various other listing marketing websites.
- Top producing agents from other brokers are immediately e-mailed with the details of your home.
- Your home will appear (within 24-48 hours) on Realtor.ca and on the national Royal LePage website.
Showing Your Home
- Royal LePage employs a full-time staff solely dedicated answering calls and taking showing requests on Royal LePage listings. The showing request process is typically as follows:
- A prospective buyer will let their agent know if they are interested in viewing your home
- It is important to note your home could be shown by a member of our team or any other agent registered with the Ottawa Real Estate Board and in some cases, agents registered in another city with clients interested in moving to the area
- The agent will call the Royal LePage booking office and requests a date/time to view your home
- The booking office will contact you (the seller) to see if that date/time is okay
- Based on your response, the booking office would then advise the agent of details regarding access and any other special instructions (i.e. remove shoes, do not let the cat out!)
- After a showing takes place, we reach out to our colleagues to obtain feedback on how the showing went.
- Our listing coordinator prepares feature sheets of your home. These full-colour spec sheets outline special features of your home and are available for prospective buyers and their agents while viewing your home.
Marketing Your Home
- In addition to the feature sheets, your home will be advertised in a variety of publications depending on your home’s location.
- Open houses may be scheduled for the public if agreed upon and when convenient for you.
- You will be kept informed of market trends, prices and conditions and we can prepare a comparative market analysis as requested.
- A record of all the showings of your home is maintained by our office and you will be kept up to date with how your home shows and will receive feedback on all showings (this will include details about how your home shows, and the reaction of agents and potential buyers).
We Are Here Every Step of the Way
- When a potential buyer is ready to purchase your home, we will guide you through the negotiation process, using our experience and knowledge to get you the best price for your home
- After your home is sold, we ensure a copy of your offer documents are delivered to your lawyer and financial advisor
- If requested, we will provide you names of trusted movers, contractors or any service you may need before or after the sale of your home
- Please remember, we are available to meet with you in person or can chat with you by phone or email to answer any questions you may have, at any time